When you have food allergies, or when you decide to change your diet, it’s usually quite difficult to avoid eating things that cause trouble. There are two reasons:
1) It’s difficult to suddenly stop eating things you used to enjoy
2) Even when you have the strong will and stick to your decision, you need to explain your limitations to strange people like waiters (sometimes even cooks) or business partners, or to your colleagues, family and friends (who, frankly speaking, often think you’re just a bit weird).
I’m with you.
As someone having food allergies since childhood I don’t have a problem to keep the discipline and I dutifully avoid things from my “no way list” (most kinds fruits - yes, including tomato, wheat, meat except of fish and seafood) and “better not list” (other grains, legumes, sugar, processed foods etc).
But I got tired of explaining it to all the confused waiters, some of who genuinely have no clue about what ingredients are used in their meals or desserts.
Cooking and baking things yourself solves both these problems. It costs time and effort, and even it can be costly in terms of money (depending on your allergy and quality standards), but it will give you full control over what you eat, no surprises. And of course – it’s good fun!
I enjoy cooking and love baking and I tried, or got inspired by, plenty of recipes from internet. I’d like to repay my debt and share with you those that worked for me.
On top of my allergies and intolerance, I like to eat healthier in general. As mentioned, I’m also pescatarian and prefer to avoid “unsafe carbs”, and paleo diet makes sense to me. So this is what you’ll find here. Some of the recipes will be 100% paleo. Most of them will be healthy. Some will just be healthier versions of “standard” recipes. Definitely all of them should be tasty and grain-free.
Enjoy, without guilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment