gf matcha cheesecake

gf matcha cheesecake

Friday, 20 June 2014

The ultimate Sunday breakfast - paleo egg muffins

Last two weeks I was busy with workshops and traveling, so I did not have time to do any proper baking. But I had to do at least something! I made very easy energy balls to have healthy airport-travel-friendly snack. But that was nearly not enough.

Luckily the rare occasion happened – both I and my husband woke up at around the same time during the weekend, so I decided to prepare tasty breakfast for both of us.

My standard breakfast consists of eggs and bit of veggies 99.99% of time (also since I live in fear that someone will prove that tahini is not healthy since I found out how great tahini tastes on sunny side ups).

But this time I decided to give the eggs a bit of twist. In Tomas’ case that would be bacon, and for me smoked salmon. And shiitake mushrooms – they not only taste great, but also give you healthy dose of B vitamins.


This dish is easy to make, but very rewarding in taste and style. It also goes great with paleo or low carb diet and definitely delivers you the energy needed for busy weekend day. So if you are looking for protein rich way to start your Sunday in style, you should definitely try these.

Paleo egg muffins


Ingredients

  • 2 large shiitake mushrooms
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 thin slices of bacon
  • 4 thin slices of smoked salmon
  • Thyme
  • Black pepper, freshly ground
  • Salt 
  • Coconut oil

Instructions


  1. Prepare 2 small nests of bacon (cross 2 slices for each nest) and 2 nests from smoked salmon (again 2 slices each) in muffin tin (or large cupcake cases). Put to oven for 5 minutes on 175 degrees Celsia.
  2. Cut shiitake to small cubes and quickly fry them on heated coconut oil. Add thyme, salt and pepper. Lightly beat all the eggs in a cup and pour over the mushrooms.
  3. Stir quickly for 1-2 minutes, the eggs need to be still liquid.
  4. Pour egg mixture onto your bacon and bake around 10 minutes or until the egg is done.
  5. Serve with veggies and wholegrain mustard is also highly recommended







No comments:

Post a Comment